What’s the mood of our organisation, and what can we do about it?
Our quick and easy snapshot analysis provides rigorous data and powerful insights
Mood underpins business performance
Mood plays a pivotal role in business performance. At every level from individual effectiveness to team cohesion to organisational productivity, the cognitive, metabolic, and emotional components of mood strongly influence outcomes.
Put simply, organisational mood permeates every level of performance within that organisation.
|Individual effectiveness||Attention to task||Consistency||Engagement|
|Team cohesion||Decision making||Productivity||Inclusivity|
|Organisational productivity||Effective communication||Sustainability||Leadership|
Organisations are not only often unaware of, but often undermine, their own mood
Mood and the related process of emotion are rarely talked about in business, and even less frequently monitored systematically.
This is despite data indicating that far from encouraging and facilitating optimal mood among their employees, many organisational processes do the exact opposite, undermining their people’s mood and thereby undermining business performance, as well as the mental health and quality of life of their workforce.
Mood is a metric not a metaphor
‘The mood of the organisation’ is more than a metaphor. Mood data when captured rigorously represent a hard business metric, lending itself to multiple analytic approaches and addressing multiple questions. In those organisations in which we have delivered snapshot analyses we have identified patterns in mood data that explained patterns in emotion such as anxiety and anger, in behaviour such as conflict and disengagement, and in performance such as slumps and burnout.
Case study: Global energy sector
This data was reported by the leadership team of a large multinational in late 2022.
Data indicated that while only 10% were fully cognitively metabolically, and emotionally resourced and performing optimally, and 30% were coping, 40% were struggling and 20% were at risk of burnout.
Emotionally the team were characterised by high levels of irritability, frustration, anger, and hostility, metabolically by high fatigue, and cognitively by high confusion and distraction
Snapshot insights led to multiple solutions
The snapshot analysis allowed the organisation to identify factors that were promoting these mood deficits. They were able to modify internal processes, and to initiate a wellbeing initiative to help people better cope.
The latter, an Executive Wellness Programme, delivered by CorPerformance, was based in part on the 4-R model which adopts a ‘body-up’ approach to mental performance and mental health (please see appendix for results of this and other programmes).
Our service: One-time snapshot analysis of 3-month mood
- Analysis can be conducted at any level, leadership team, business unit, or entire organization
- Data collection is conducted via our smartphone/desktop tool that works across all formats
- Data are captured on a single day requiring no more than 10-minutes of your people’s time
- We provide all links and communicate all processes. We anticipate response rate above 95%
- Data are aggregated and can be reported by group, location, gender, and other demographics
- All individual data are anonymized and confidential, no individual data are reported
- Participants retain access to the App for 30 days following analysis
- 100% GDPR compliant
Read more about Performance Tool and its critical role in mood analysis.
What do we do once we have the data?
- Data screening, analysis, & scientific interpretation
- Led by Professor Chris Beedie and his team
- Analyses reflect strategic needs of the organisation
- Business interpretation & needs analysis
- Report & recommendations (can be presented in person)
What questions can we answer?
- What emotions define your organization?
- Are your people sufficiently resourced metabolically, emotionally & cognitively?
- What percentage of your people are thriving?
- What percentage of your people are at risk of burnout?
- How do you compare with other organizations?
- What are the implications of these data?
- What actions could you take right now to address these?
CorPerformance are experts in organisational performance, health, and wellbeing. We have worked with leaders in industry for almost 20 years.
Our team is led by Professor Chris Beedie, who is a world leading expert in mood and mind/body factors in human performance. With almost 30-years of experience working with mood data in high performance settings he and his team are able to provide expert insights over and above the top-line numbers provided by the data themselves.
We use state of the art data capture and analyses methods and can turn around datasets within one week of capture given appropriate lead times. We can usually schedule a snapshot analysis within 4 to 6 weeks notice.